Sunday, October 28, 2007

Crikey! Lobster Hooping 10282007

Me and my bud Odog went out hooping Saturday night.

On our way to the bugs.





























Scene 1 Take 1


After a short wait, I went for the first pull.



There was only one other hooper in the water. The cops were there too. I asked them to frisk me, but they refused.















Spidercrabs were crawling aplenty.


















Then the crawl began...


We had some excitement that night. Odog noticed that he was missing a hoop. After some searching, he saw his hoop moving, and moving fast. After doing battle with the unknown, a batray emerged.
















The night was beautiful. Calm weather and not chilly at all.
















There were poachers too. A few skin divers were picking off lobsters from the inside of the jetty which was illegal. Despite the darkness, I was able to get a picture of one of them.



















More lobster...


Odog was getting his share too...




To the victor goes the spoils!

I pulled about 15 short lobsters....

and around a dozen spider crabs.

And for all my trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home